Thursday, April 23, 2009

Power Up Review

The first bad thing i noticed while playing the new game were the tons of bugs in this games. Here's a list of some bugs i remarked:
  • sound-effects poping up, although associated action has already ended
  • "impact-clouds" appearing, although there's nothing happening at all
  • One time i was able to clone my boxes. I don't know how it happened, but i suddenly had 4 instead of 2 L-shaped boxes
  • The second robot didn't charge, although the current flowed from one robot to the other (This thing really made me go nuts, because it happened to me in level 13 which is hard enough without that glitch)
  • Sometimes the sticky blocks decided not to be sticky anymore
Another thing i didn't like about this game is the physics-engine. I think it's supposed the give the objects a bit of bounce, but this bounce is just too much. The smallest collision will send your boxes flying in every direction.

I didn't like the controls either. If you pike up a block, it will rotate around your mouse-cursors' axis, which is good for flipping boxes, but if you just wanna lay a box flatly on another.

I was also disappointed by the graphics and the music. Especially the background-graphic seemed some kind of unloving to me.

This alltogether (especially the physics-engine in conjunction with the conrols) will frustrate you sooner or later.
Nevertheless i've finished this game so if you need help, just leave a request and i'll help you!

1 comment:

  1. I exactly agree with you! I finished the game too, but I decided not to put the rest of the levels up, since I don't like puzzle games very much, and I usually can't do a level a second time.
    -Nitromegamer66

    ReplyDelete